Prevention as Intervention: Protective Factors and Sustained Recovery
Charlene Buckett-Sims (Adult and Child) and Rev. Sarah Lund (First Congregational) will be speaking on protective and preventative factors from both the faith community and service provider perspectives.
- How mental health service providers consider faith community a protective factor.
- How faith communities could become a risk factor through stigma.
- How faith communities can assess their environments and competencies around mental health.
- Practical actions faith communities can take to become fully supportive of congregants and neighbors with mental health conditions.
- Individuals working with challenging mental health conditions often face:
- Low connection with support systems
- Low participation in faith communities
- Judgements and assumptions from community members
- Social isolation compounds challenging mental health conditions.
Tags: icmh, mental health, mental wellness