What to expect at “How to support a support group”?
Next Wednesday’s luncheon is going to be INCREDIBLE. Seven panelists of diverse faiths will present about how they support support groups and mental health initiatives in their communities. Register today!
ICMH Luncheon agenda
Get your lunch when you arrive
12 – 12:05: Welcome Ben Leslie
12:05 – 12:10: Interfaith Welcome
12:10 – 12:15: Introductions Ben Leslie
12:15 – 1:00: Panel Discussion Presentation Panelists
- Moderator: Joana Goff (NAMI)
- Imam Ahmed Alamine – School nurse initiative; Masjid Al Fajr
- Pastor Evan Bever – 12 step groups; First Baptist Church
- Donna or Jerry Parker – NAMI Family Support Group
- Jon Parker – Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA)
- Julie Sondhelm – Jewish Family Services
- Linda Williams – Parents of Addicted Loved Ones (PAL); NAMI
- Pastor Ben Wakefield – Celebrate Recovery; Lynhurst Baptist Church
1:00 – 1:10: Q&A Panelists
1:10 – 1:30: Small Group Discussion moderated by Joana Goff
Come with your questions! These panelists will be able to provide valuable information as to how to begin a support group, support one, and make it sustainable within your community in various cultural settings.