Know before you go — Prison Ministries and mental health
Next up for Interfaith Coalition for Mental Health: The final luncheon of the season, on prison ministries. What and who should you know in advance?
Join us for our next luncheon Community Building: Resiliency Across Sectors about prison ministries. Representatives of prison ministries from the Christian, Buddhist, Pagan, and Muslim faith traditions will speak about the role of faith and mental health in their work.
A few readings and studies abut prison ministries and the mental wellness of prisoners.
- Counterintuitive findings from a qualitative study of mental health in English womens’ prisons
- Prison Ministry Volunteer Training Workshop: From Rules and Regulations to Restorative Justice
- Hardwired to Connect
- Captive Audience: How Prison Ministries Prioritize Salvation Over Justice
- Six Rules of Thumb for Prison Ministry: Advice for Pastors and Ministry Leaders
- What Institution is the Largest Provider of Mental Health?
- Mental Health and the Church
Local organization operating prison ministry programs
- Archdiocesan Corrections Ministry
- Use What You’ve Got Prison Ministry
- Indianapolis Pagan Prison Ministry
- Jesus Inside Prison Ministry (JIPM)
- Prison Fellowship — Indiana