COVID-19 Peaceful and self-care strategies
These suggestions come from CIC’s good friend Larry Gerstein at Ball State’s Center for Peace and Conflict Studies (www.bsu.edu/peacecenter).
- Greet everyone with a smile, a wave, and/or a positive comment while maintaining appropriate physical distance.
- Tend to something growing – plants, flowers, vegetable garden, child, pets, etc.
- Do something you’ll be glad you did later.
- Share an uplifting song, poem, story, image, etc. with others.
- Listen and communicate (e.g., phone, mail, email, social media, skype, zoom) with your own family members near and far who are undergoing stress and have concerns about the future.
- In this time to rush to return to “normal,” use this time to consider which parts of normal are worth rushing back to.
Click here for an extensive list.Tags: larry gerstein, self-care