Clergy ID Badges
The Center for Interfaith Cooperation identifies members of the clergy for all faiths and provides photo ID badges to facilitate their ministries in specialized settings and working with other organizations that are in need of pastoral care.
WHEN: Call (317) 796-3463 to make an appointment. Walk-ins are not accepted. Appointments are for individuals only; we will not see multiple people at a time. PLEASE be on time. The process takes approximately twenty minutes. This is a photo I.D. so we need to take a current picture. Before coming to the CIC office, please email the photo to [email protected] or [email protected].
WHERE: The only location to obtain a Clergy Identification badge is at the office of the Center for Interfaith Cooperation, 1100 W. 42nd Street, Suite 125, Indianapolis, Indiana 46208. The office is in the Indiana Interchurch Center building, on the northeast corner of W. 42nd Street and N. Michigan Road, just west of Christian Theological Seminary. Please note that area hospitals are no longer producing I.D. cards.
COST: The administrative fee is $35 for a new I.D. badge; $10 for a renewal with no changes except expiration date; and $20 for renewal with change in church or photo. We have improved our standards in quality and security to meet the standards of your ministry.
GUIDELINES: As a service to Clergy in the Greater Indianapolis area, the Center for Interfaith Cooperation provides a photo identification badge to ordained or commissioned individuals or to individuals who have primary pastoral responsibility in a local congregation or institution. These Clergy I.D. badges are intended for the primary pastoral leadership, not for designated lay visitors. Exceptions will only be made for representatives of those denominational orders which demonstrate that they do not have “standard ordination protocol,” e.g., Quakers, Catholic Nuns, etc..
Please present an official government or legally recognized photo identification card and the following to receive your clergy identification badge:
- Certificate of Ordination or License. If you have been ordained, please show your ordination certificate with an embossed or raised seal, a photocopy, or listing as ordained clergy in denominational yearbook.
- If other than Ordained or Licensed, an original letter from the Congregation or Institution on original, appropriate institutional letterhead, identifying you and naming your responsibility as clergy. The signature must be an original signature.
- Current reference letter from your church/congregation/Institution identifying you, outlining your duties as clergy and how you will be using the badge.
- If possible, email the photo you would like to use on your Badge to or[email protected] or [email protected].
COMMISSIONED CLERGY STATUS:
- Please bring the related document, a photocopy or listing [email protected]as commissioned clergy in denominational yearbook
- An original letter from the Congregation or Institution on original, appropriate institutional letterhead, identifying you and naming your responsibility as clergy. The signature must be an original signature. You must also have at least two references, signed on original, appropriate institutional letterhead.
The Center for Interfaith Cooperation wishes the I.D. card to be a useful tool for area Clergy and the following institutions but the I.D. card does not serve the function of a license or a certificate of ordination or commissioning. The CIC is not a licensing, ordaining, or commissioning body.
PLEASE NOTE: This Clergy I.D. badge is not for the purposes of obtaining free parking. Complimentary parking is at the discretion of the facility you are visiting. Thank you.