March 18 — ICMH luncheon on Violence in the Indianapolis Community
Five reasons you should be a part of this discussion and reflection about such an important issue.
- It’s an increasingly serious problem. What impact has this had on our people? What should healthcare providers know about this? How are they moving forward through difficult times?
- What are we doing to stop this violence? How can faith communities support this effort? Learn how congregations are coming together in new ways to make their communities safe.
See: Community groups taking on violence in Indianapolis by changing lives
Shonna Majors, Director of Community Violence Reduction for Indianapolis, will present about efforts our government is taking.
- Why the violence? Discover possible root causes of the problem.
See: “‘City in Crisis’: Community leaders hope conversation brings change“
Stop The Violence Indy will share the works they are doing as a non-profit advocacy organization.
- Discover concrete actions that you and your community can take.
- Discuss how pervasive violence is in the city, even beyond the daily headlines. Donita Royal, Director of Mothers Against Violence, will share how her ministry calls her to support those who have lost children to gun violence.